Call for Tutorial Proposals
IEEE DySPAN 2015 will include several half-day tutorials covering both technology and policy topics.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Spectrum measurement and experimental techniques
- New spectrum sharing models
- Hardware architectures, implementation and DSA experiments
- Electromagnetic Compatibility and interference models
- Spectrum for Heterogeneous, Ultra-Dense/Short range and Personal Area networks
- Spectrum for mission-critical services
- Techno-Economic Aspects of Spectrum & Wireless Access Markets
- Business models and pricing for dynamic spectrum access
- Regulatory models for dynamic spectrum access
- Spectrum sharing vs Infrastructure sharing
- Standardization of DSA technology
Submission ProcedureTutorial proposals (4 pages maximum) should be submitted in PDF format (single column, minimum 11 pt font size) and must include the following:
- Title and Abstract, describing the main focus and topics to be addressed.
- Motivation, explaining why this tutorial is appropriate for DySPAN 2015.
- Summary of Tutorial Content, indicating the topics that the tutorial will cover in more detail.
- Intended Audience, a description of the primary and secondary audiences interested in this tutorial topic, explaining how these audiences can benefit from the tutorial.
- Novelty, highlighting the technical innovations presented in this tutorial that make it likely to attract a large audience.
- Past Tutorials, indicate if this tutorial or a closely related tutorial has been presented previously, please include the date(s), venue(s), and number of participants.
- Biography of the Instructor, emphasizing the research and teaching experience and/or accomplishments related to the topic of the tutorial.
- Logistics, describing the type of tutorial (lecture vs. hands-on), any requirements for the tutorial room, any requirements for participants (prerequisite knowledge or need to bring a laptop, etc.), and any capacity limitations.
- Contact Information of the Instructor, including institutional affiliation(s), address, telephone number, and email address.
- Proposals must be submitted electronically to the DySPAN 2014 Tutorials Track in EDAS, using the link https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=18417&track=64849
Tutorial proposals will be evaluated on the basis of their estimated benefit for prospective participants and on their fit within the tutorials program as a whole. Factors to be considered include: relevance, timeliness, importance, and audience appeal; suitability for presentation in a half-day format; and past experience. Selection is also based on the overall distribution of topics, expected attendance, and background of the intended audiences. Thus, not all tutorials of technical merit may be accommodated.
Ki Won Sung, KTH (email@example.com)
Tutorial Proposals Due: 22 May 2015
Tutorial Acceptance Notification: 30 June 2014Download as pdf